Roasted Fall vegetables with maple, thyme, and apple
2 parsnips, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 4 small purple potatoes, quartered
- 3 small gold potatoes, quartered
- 2 turnips, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 bunch rainbow carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 large shallots, quartered
- 2 apples, cored and halved
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 Tbs. fresh thyme leaves (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley for garnish
Preheat oven to 425 F. Use parchment paper on a baking sheet.
In one layer, spread out the parsnips, potatoes, turnips, carrots, apples, and shallots onto the baking sheet. Mix maple syrup and olive oil in a bowl and drizzle the vegetables. Use a sprinkle of pepper, salt, and thyme and mix well. Put the baking sheet with the vegetables into the oven and turn occasionally until lightly browned, about 30-40 minutes.
Serve with salt and thyme, or parsley. Serves about 6.